The term design, in a literal sense, has a broad meaning – an amalgamation of the creative and technical parts, building the basis of your project. Therefore, it is the first step in bringing your ideas to reality.
Architectural design is not only concerned with functionality, endurance and practicality, it is art connected with the aestheticism of the building. We are all aware of the fact that the design of the building matters.
Most people choose minimalism and save space. Conversely, some people like apartments full of comfortable furniture or modern bits and pieces. Regardless of which category you belong to, our architects provide excellent ideas, helping you in designing your dream home.
Planning Along with Abstract & Developed Design
After evaluating what design is possible or impossible for the project, we move to the designing stage, where our team designs according to the client’s planning conditions and requirements.
Throughout the process, we evaluate, modify, redesign and refine the design into a viable project.
Our team has unmatched success rates as we use a 6-step planning permission preparation system that ensures the safety of many risks and failings of a prototype and planning application.
No matter where the site is located – a confined urban setting, a registered building, a green belt, or a conservation area, we can assist in getting your planning permission approved by the local authorities.
Moreover, depending on the project’s design, we may advise you to submit a pre-application before your planning permission submission.
This step includes:
- Conceptual and Developed Design
- Planning Drawing
- Layout Plans
- Exterior 3D Visuals
- Design and Access Statement
Technical Design and Building Regulations
When the planning application is approved, the next step is technical designing so we can transform your vision into something ready to build. Our team then design accurate and precise drawings and specifications and effectively collaborate on the structural measurements according to your Building Regulations submission.
You will have a complete collection of structural drawings provided to you by your architect, which should include the following:
- Details of all the materials
- Finishes – woodworking, flooring, painting etc.
- Fixtures and fittings
- All designs regarding kitchen, bathroom, bedroom or living room.
Furthermore, a 3D model of the project or design will be sent that can be explored via a tablet, computer or phone so that you can have a distinct idea of what your project will look like and if it’s according to your conditions and necessities.
Whether you want our expertise for stage 1, we will still be content to guide you till stage 2 or 3. We can also ask builders for tenders.
This step includes:
- Technical Design
- Building Regulations Drawings
- Tender Drawings and Specifications
- Interior 3D Visuals
- Invitation to Tender
Construction Inspection and Contract Administration
As soon as our team get the tender quotes from the builders, we will progress toward contract administration. We will consider various things, such as:
- Right skills for the job
- Detailed history of their previous work
- Customer reviews
- Health and safety record
- Licensed and up-to-date insurance
On top of that, our team will perform on-site visits frequently to ensure the construction is according to your needs and aspirations. Think how satisfying it will be that your architect is approving payments for you, maintaining health and safety issues, and figuring out building work challenges.
Construction work can feel uncertain, and this is where we come in handy because our experienced architects will tackle any issue that may occur on-site.
This step includes:
- Building Contract
- Tender Evaluation
- Building Control Support
- Periodic Site Visits
- Interim Evaluations
Other notable Services Provided by Architects are:
- Extensive research, evaluation and design
- Preparation of building or structure design
- Master Planning analysis and research
- Cost estimation of several design options
- Conceptual design according to the regional and cultural context
- Sustainability and energy production design and analysis
- Wastewater and water design and analysis
- Project programming
- Pre-design planning
- Consult coordination and management
- Space functionality and practicality design
- Interior air quality, interior analysis and interior design
- Site selection studies
- Land use analysis and design
- Landscape design
- Construction negotiation, bidding, contract, cost and time management
- Public hearing and data collection assistance
- Contractor negotiation, bidding and process assistance to the owner
- Illustration and 3D design modelling